Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Topic Title Question
#
I am trying to change the font color in the regular thread title colors. I know it is row 4 but I am having a heck of a time targeting the right thing to change it, so I need some help. I don't want the thread titles to be the default link color. It changed for pinned topics but not the regular topics. Example below:

user posted image

I would love if I could leave the board announcement the red (the default link color) that it is now but don't know if that is possible.

Thanks in advance for help.

Board is: https://genoacity.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Test account: Tester
Password: Sample

This post has been edited by Lucymac: Jul 12 2018, 12:21 PM
PM
#
Try this selector:

CODE
tr.topic-row a[href*="showtopic"]

signature
user posted image
#
So far no luck. I had it changing most of them but not all but not even sure how that happened!
PM
#
You actually have to add styles:

CODE
tr.topic-row a[href*="showtopic"] {
color: #636363;
}

signature
user posted image
#
Duh, I knew I was forgetting something simple. Thank you Cory!

I'm guessing there is no easy way to make the announcements different from the others is there? I'm thinking just so people would notice there is a new announcement.
PM
#
Would you mind using JavaScript since the global announcements topic row doesn't contain a unique class name?

signature
user posted image
#
I'm okay with that.
PM
#
Try this:

CODE
<script>
$('tr.pinned-topic-row').prev('tr').prevAll('tr.topic-row').find('a[href*="showtopic"]').css('color', '#636363');
</script>

signature
user posted image
#
For some reason, what it changes is the font size for my name following "last post by" and nothing else changes.
PM
#
This selector is what's changing that:

CODE
.topic-row b a:link, .row4>b>a:visited, .row4>b>a:active, .row4>b>a:active {
   color: #636363;
}

signature
user posted image
#
I removed that selector and then realized I had to change the color # for the script. It works now. Thanks so much!
PM
#
This is more of an observation than a real problem. I notice in the subforums the color of the announcements did not change to what it is in the regular forums. I am guessing I would have to add something under subforums? I'm more curious than concerned.
PM
#
This should fix it:

CODE
<script>
$('tr.pinned-topic-row, tr.topic-row:eq(1)').prev('tr').prevAll('tr.topic-row').find('a[href*="showtopic"]').css('color', '#cc0000').css('font-weight', 'bold');
</script>

signature
user posted image
#
Unfortunately nothing changed in the subforums with this.
PM
#
It's working in the Ratings subforum for me, which subforum are you viewing?

signature
user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll