Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Zetaboards-style [table] BB Code
#
Does anyone know how I could move the code over to jcink?

user posted image

As an example of how it looks, I can provide the exact coding and how it displays right now (it doesn't) on my board.
#
Basically, you just make a bunch of codes in your custom BBCode area of the ACP (and make sure you have custom BBCode set to enabled)

Name: table
Type: 1 Param
HTML:
CODE
<table><tbody>(PARAM1)</tbody></table>

Name: tr
HTML:
CODE
<tr>(PARAM1)</tr>

Name: td
HTML:
CODE
<td>(PARAM1)</td>

So then the BBCode to get a single-row, 2 cell table would be the following:
CODE
[table][tr][td]Cell 1[/td][td]Cell 2[/td][/tr][/table]
PM
#
It doesn't work, this is all I get.
user posted image

This post has been edited by Adorn12: Jun 20 2018, 09:54 AM
#
You probably need to style it with CSS.

Can I see a link to the post?

signature
user posted image
#
https://rpgcontinuum.jcink.net/index.php?sh...=2&st=0&#entry7

Sure this entire thread's filled with test atempts. The first being ZB coding that I tried to get to work. Ignore the skins, still working on them before a transition.
#
CODE
div.postcolor table {
width: 100%;
border-spacing: 0;
}

div.postcolor td {
border: 1px solid #E1E1E1;
padding: 6px;
}

Add that to your CSS.

signature
user posted image
#
Where would I find that in the Admin CP? Sorry, very new to jcink.
#
Admin CP → Skins & Templates → Style Sheets → Edit

signature
user posted image
#
Got it working, but is there any way to add a table inside a table? It looks fine in the preview, doesn't work at all when its posted.
#
Can you post the BBCode format you're trying to use, please?

signature
user posted image
#
Odd, I just heard about your site and was going to get into contact with you. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

CODE
[table=2]Name:[c][i]Vanquisher[/i][c]Named By:[c]Galactic Commonwealth Starfleet[c]Class:[c][i]Vanquisher[/i]-class Star Dreadnought[c]Classification:[c]Flagship, Battleship, Mobile base[c]Operator:[c]Galactic Commonwealth Starfleet[c]Year Constructed:[c]262ABY[c]Year Commissioned:[c]262ABY [c]Length:[c]15,500m[c]Crew Complement:[c]50,753[c]Marine Complement:[c]400,000[/table]
[table=2]Armament:[c][list][*]Axial Superlaser
[*]Metal-Crystal Phase Shifters (2)
[*]Solar ionization cannons (28)
[*]Heavy Turbolaser batteries (850)
[*]Medium Turbolaser batteries (850)
[*]Ion Cannon batteries (400)
[*]Tractor Beam Projector (80)
[*]Plasma blaster cannons (900)
[*]Proton Torpedo launchers (300)
[*]StarGuardian Interdiction Wells (6)[/list][c]Countermeasures:[c]AGWell System, Crystal-Grav Trap Sensors, StarGuardian Interdiction System[c]Defenses:[c]Commonwealth Standard Shielding System, Heavy Durasteel armor plating, Phobium alloy[c]Complement:[c][list][*]Fighter/bomber squadrons
[*]Miscellaneous combat and support ships
[*]Prefabricated garrison bases
[*]Various ground vehicles and walkers[/list][c]FTL Drive(s):[c]Class 0.75 Hyperdrive, Backup Class 1[c]Engine unit(s):[c] Omni-net Ion engines (10)[c]Cargo Capacity:[c]180,000 metric tons[c]Consumables:[c]6 years[/table]
[table=2][b]Senior Officers[/b][c][c]Commanding Officer:[c]Emperor Adorn Craven-Brishen[c]Executive Officer:[c]Captain Stromgald Lefex[c]Commander, Air Group:[c]Major Eesla Griffiths III[/table]
[table=2][b]Current Status[/b][c][c]Ship Status:[c]Normal[c]Crew Status:[c]Normal[c]Current Assignment:[c]Hard-hitter battleship[/table]

CODE
[table=1,,1][b][size=7][font=Century Gothic]Elise[/font][/size][/b][/table][table=2]
[center][img]https://i1.wp.com/needlessessentialsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/mara_jade_cosplay_04.jpg[/img]

[small]"Life is a mistery. A mistery yet unsolved."[/small]

[flash=300,30]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjLQRaUOdkY[/flash][/center][c][table=2,][b]Name:[/b][c]Elise Ivane[c][b]Age:[/b][c]18[c][b]Sex:[/b] [c]Female [c][b]Species:[/b][c]Human [c][b]Homeworld:[/b][c]Naboo [c][b]Current Residence:[/b][c]Tython [/table]
[table=2][b]Marital Status:[/b][c]Single [c][b]Sexuality:[/b][c] Straight [c][b]Family Status:[/b][c]Karth Ivane - Father (Deeceased)
Unknown Female - Mother (Deceased)[/table][list]
[center] [color=red]50% [/color]  [color=royalblue]50% [/color] [/center]
[/list][table=2,][b]Allegiances:[/b][c]Jedi Order, previously Chi'iz Nife
[c][b]Title/Position:[b][c]Padawan
[c][b]Occupation:[/b][c]Jedi
[c][b]Possessions:[/b][c][color=purple]Lightsaber[/color], E-11 Blaster Pistol, Money
[/b][/b][/table][/table][table=1,,1] [size=4] [font=Century Gothic]Physical Appearance [/font] [/size] [/table][table=2]
[table=2][b]Skin Color:[/b][c]Pale[c][b]Hair Color:[/b][c]Fire Red [c][b]Eye Color:[/b][c]Brown [c][b]Build:[/b][c]Not very tall, fit [c][b]Scars/Markings:[/b][c]GenoHaradan cauterized tattoo[/table]

[/table] [table=1,,1] [b] [size=4] [font=Century Gothic]Mental Profile [/font] [/size] [/b] [/table] [table=2]
[table=2][b]Likes:[/b][c]Happiness, Food, People, Conversation[c][b]Weaknesses:[/b][c]Introversion, Physical weakness, Trauma [c][b]Strengths:[/b][c]Beauty, Simplicity [c][b]Fears:[/b][c]To be locked in again, Death[c] [b]Desires:[/b][c] A happy, normal life[c][b]Personality:[/b][c]Somewhat caring, curious and simple.
[/table][b]
[/b] [/table]
[table=1,,1] [b] [size=4] [font=Century Gothic] Equipment and Abilities [/font] [/size] [/b] [/table] [table=2]
[table=1,,1] [b]Abilities [/b][c]Force Illusion[c]Piloting[c]Acrobatics[c]Force Weapon[c]Tapas[/table]

[table=1] [b]In Game Statistics [/b] [/table] [table=2]
[b]Jump[/b][c]2[c][b]Push[/b][c]2[c][b]Pull[/b][c]2[c][b]Speed [/b][c]1[c][b]Sense[/b][c]3[c][b]Heal[/b][c]2[c][b]Mind Trick [/b][c]1[c][b]Absorb[/b][c]1[c][b]Protect[/b][c]1[c][b]Saber Attack[/b][c]2[c][b]Saber Defense[/b][c]1
[/table]
[c][table=1][b]Special Force Abilities[/b][/table][table=2]Force Ilusion[c]4/10[c]Force Concealment[c]5/10[c]Force Ionize[c]8/10[c]Center of Being[c]4/10[c]Force Listen[c]4/10[/table]
[table=1][b]Saber Styles[/b][/table] [table=2]Shii-Cho[c]10/10[c]Makashi[c]6/10[c]Soresu[c]4/10[c]Ataru[c]1/10[c]Shien[c](N/A)[c]Niman[c]7/10[c]Juyo[c]4/10[/table]

[table=1] [b]Clothing [/b] [/table] [table=2]Jedi Robes[c]Standard garments.[/table][/table] [table=1] [b] [size=10] [font=Century Gothic][center]Biography[/center][/font] [/size] [/b]

Its the standard code for tables on Zetaboards, I believe. This is coming from a recent transfer. Board link is above if needed.
#
Are you using the exact BBCode's that kjrod98 posted?

signature
user posted image
#
I got his working with tables in tables et al, but its done through dohtml. Bit more difficult to work with, but not impossible and does the job.

Here's the code I tried to use, works fine in preview. Not in actual post:

CODE
[table][tr][td][table][tr][td]Cell 1[/td][td]Cell 2[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Cell 1[/td][td]Cell 2[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Cell 1[/td][td]Cell 2[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

This post has been edited by Adorn12: Jun 24 2018, 01:33 AM
#
CODE
[table][tr][td]Cell 1[/td][td]Cell 2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Cell 1[/td][td]Cell 2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Cell 1[/td][td]Cell 2[/td][/tr][/table]

That will give the same effect.

signature
user posted image
#
Hey guys,

I'm intending to move my ZetaBoard forums to Jcink as none in our community likes the conversion to Tapatalk.

Our ZB forums rely heavily on tables, and I did get the tables working on my Jcink test forum following Cory's and kjrod's examples.

However, since our tables can be quite huge, I like to keep the table code easy to look at by hitting enter after every line (tr). But if I do that, there's gonna be a ton of space above the table itself, which sucks a lot. Is there any way to get rid of that space above the table?

If I do the code in an easy to read way like this
CODE
My Test Table
[table][tr][td][b]01[/b][/td][td][b]02[/b][/td][td][b]03[/b][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Aaa[/td][td]Bbb[/td][td]Ccc[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Ddd[/td][td]Eee[/td][td]Fff[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Ggg[/td][td]Hhh[/td][td]Iii[/td][/tr][/table]
then itt looks like this: https://imgur.com/QcQeTw7 notice all that space? http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif

If I put everything together in a one big messy code which I don't want to
CODE
My Test Table
[table][tr][td][b]01[/b][/td][td][b]02[/b][/td][td][b]03[/b][/td][/tr][tr][td]Aaa[/td][td]Bbb[/td][td]Ccc[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ddd[/td][td]Eee[/td][td]Fff[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ggg[/td][td]Hhh[/td][td]Iii[/td][/tr][/table]

then it looks like it is supposed to: https://imgur.com/5KwzI1c

This post has been edited by Petyr: Jul 1 2018, 03:42 AM
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll