Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Announcements and 'edit post' don't show up in mobile
#
I saw that a few other people had these issues, but unfortunately reading through the responses to their posts didn't help me because the solutions were specific to their individual situations. So, here we go again!

I'm using a custom skin, and when I switch over to mobile mode, a couple things happen:

(1) My header image and the banner below it disappear (not the end of the world - I can live without it)

(2) Announcements don't show up in various forums, even for admins (though pinned and regular posts show just fine)

(3) I can only start new topics or reply to topics; there is no ability to edit posts.

I'm both a CSS and HTML newbie to a certain extent, so I'm not entirely sure what I need to edit, either in the style sheets or board wrappers or the custom HTML template I have set up, to fix this.

Thanks in advance!
PM
#
(1) This is 'normal' -- the mobile skin does not include any of the content in your wrappers, as the mobile experience is intended to be a slimmed down, touch-friendly one.

However, it's understandable that you would want an image banner. There is an option for this in the macros -- add a new macro called MOBILE_LOGO and insert an image tag into it with the link to the logo you would like to use for the mobile version. This also allows you to make a bandwidth-friendly version of your banner for mobile phones if you like.

(2) We will need a board link to investigate this issue further. It sounds like some important template data may be missing.

(3) This also is very likely an HTML template issue.

Regarding (2) and (3) the quickest way to identify the issue there is to install a copy of the default skin (you'll find any number of them in various colors) via the importer, switch your account to it and see if the features are working there. If they do -- then we know it's a skin issue right away and can focus on resolving it there.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Thanks! I'll see what I can find out.

In the meantime, my board link is roaringdandelion.jcink.net. As you'll see, everything works fine in the desktop version; it's just mobile that has issues.

This post has been edited by thenoisyflower: Apr 8 2018, 11:20 PM
PM
#
Updated: I created a new subforum and used the stock JCINK skin on it. When I opened the mobile version, I found I could report, edit, and quote posts, which are missing from my custom skin. I'll see if I can find the pieces of code that are missing from my skin based on this.

However, the mobile version of the stock skin still doesn't show Announcements.
PM
#
Hmmm. Everything in the CSS and the macros looks right to me. I found a typo originally and thought that might be the problem, but changing that didn't fix it)....

user posted image

user posted image
PM
#
Okay for the edit not appearing, I think I know what the issue is but I'll need a test account to confirm. I think another element is probably hiding it and it isn't directly related to the macros.

As far as the announcements; I totally forgot. We have a long standing open "bug" report that announcement topics simply don't appear on mobile. Sorry about that. I've re-tagged that bug to be looked at and fixed by me during the next round of bug fixes but at the moment announcements will not appear on mobile.

signature
#
Thank you so much! I've created a test account for you using the members permission mask; do I need to change it to give you access to the admin panel?

UN: Test Account
PW: sundoctrog
PM
#
(3) I can only start new topics or reply to topics; there is no ability to edit posts.

Ok I used the above and edited my post on mobile so this is odd. What browser is this happening in for you?

signature
#
My phone uses Chrome.

I figured out what's happening. The buttons are hidden; you have to click the timestamp on the specific post you want to edit to make them appear.

Is there a way to fix that?

This post has been edited by thenoisyflower: Apr 13 2018, 12:57 PM
PM
#
This is by design, to conserve screen space and give it a cleaner look. You actually tap the whole post and don't have to tap the timestamp.

By you can disable it by putting this in your css:

CODE
/* Force post buttons in mobile mode to display without interaction */
.post-buttons-bottom { display: block !important; }

Put at the very bottom -- this should work! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

signature
#
Thank you so much!
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll