Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Message Form
#
Good Evening,

Is there a way to include a message form in a post or webpage? For example, instead of linking to the user PM, there would be a form right there with a specified user (say an admin) with a Title field and a Message field with a save and send button?

Thank you
PM
#
Or maybe what field is linked to what?

I could probably put together a rudimentary html form and go from there, but what should I put for the Title, Message, and Recipient fields, and the Send button? Like what should I autopopulate the recipient field with to make it go to the poster of a post or a specific admin, and where should the send button direct to?

Please help =)
PM
#
In webpages, try this:

CODE
<form action="index.php?" method="post" name="PM">
<input name="act" value="Msg" type="hidden">
<input name="CODE" value="04" type="hidden">
<input name="MODE" value="01" type="hidden">
<input name="OID" value="" type="hidden">
<input name="auth_key" value="<!-- |auth_key| -->" type="hidden">
<input name="entered_name" size="50" value="" tabindex="1" class="forminput" type="hidden" value="members name">
<input name="msg_title" value="some title" class="forminput" type="hidden">

<textarea cols="70" rows="15" name="Post" tabindex="3" class="textinput"></textarea>

<input value="Send Message" tabindex="4" accesskey="s" class="forminput" name="submit" type="submit">

</form>

in entered_name, put a preset name for the value="" attribute. it shouldn't show that field on the webpage.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Thanks!

I got an error:

"THE FOLLOWING ERRORS WERE FOUND
You must enter a message title.

This personal message has not been sent"

Can I enter a preset title?

QUOTE (John @ Feb 14 2018, 06:34 PM)
In webpages, try this:

CODE
<form action="index.php?" method="post" name="PM">
<input name="act" value="Msg" type="hidden">
<input name="CODE" value="04" type="hidden">
<input name="MODE" value="01" type="hidden">
<input name="OID" value="" type="hidden">
<input name="auth_key" value="<!-- |auth_key| -->" type="hidden">
<input name="entered_name" size="50" value="" tabindex="1" class="forminput" type="hidden" value="agent kate">

<textarea cols="70" rows="15" name="Post" tabindex="3" class="textinput"></textarea>

<input value="Send Message" tabindex="4" accesskey="s" class="forminput" name="submit" type="submit">

</form>

in entered_name, put a preset name for the value="" attribute. it shouldn't show that field on the webpage.

PM
#
Ahh yes of course. I forgot to include that as a hidden input type.

Add:

<input name="msg_title" value="some title" class="forminput" type="hidden">

to the code

I updated my post with it. change the value attribute from "Some title" to whatever you want it to be.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll