Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Topic Description Length
#
Is there a setting to change the max. somewhere? Seems really short compared to ZB the default limit and my forum can use lengthy descriptions
PM
#
If you log into your ACP, click 'System Settings' in the left-hand side > click 'Topics, Posts & Polls' from the newly toggled links > under "Posts & Posting" is a setting called "Topic title lengths?" using that you can change the cut-off length for Topic Titles to anything up to 250 characters, but I do not believe you can raise the topic description length.

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
There is currently no way to raise the topic description length in the Admin CP that is set.

owl is correct in how you can raise the topic title character limit, but we currently have no similar system setting for the description.

This is one of the core settings because in general descriptions do not run longer than the titles of a topic and if they do they are usually contained then in the initial first post rather than the title description.

signature

user posted image
YouTube | Email: crystal@jcink.com | Blog: Seriously Lacqueing
DeviantArt
#
Hmm that’s a shame I could do with maybe 100 characters more that’s all
PM
#
I am also someone who wouldn't mind the cap being upped on it.

signature
Oh noes the snobolds!

user posted image https://discord.gg/A5DmErU (Community ZetaBoards Discord for updates on the ZB transfers.) user posted image
ZB transfers have begun.
PM
#
If it's that important for specific topics, you can specify a topic description with JavaScript.

signature
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll