Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Cellspacing Editing [SOLVED]
#
I'm trying to remove cellspacing from the table of the forum, and although within my wrapper I have it as cellspacing="0", it's still not reflecting on the forum itself. There's no other spot I can find to edit, so I'm kind of at a loss. I'm sure the solution is simple enough, I just can't find it.

http://blvckwood.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
PM
#
Try removing this:

CODE
line-height: 1.2em;

from the table styling, that gets rid of the excessive space for me on inspect element in Chrome.

signature

user posted image
YouTube | Email: crystal@jcink.com | Blog: Seriously Lacqueing
DeviantArt
#
    I use this all the time and it works.

Under TABLE, TR, TD add this:

CODE
    border-collapse: collapse;

and it removes the lines through the forums, etc.
PM
#
Thanks for the replies!

@Crystal: removing that aspect does give me a 50% solution, because it removed the horizontal cellspacing, but not the vertical ones.

@multiplicity: this is pretty much the ideal thing that I need. the only issue is that it also collapses the padding i have around the entire site itself and without, it doesn't look as aesthetically pleasing. anything i can do to keep it it like while still keeping the padding of the forum itself?
PM
#
Just add padding to the top of the forum where you want it - where is it missing from where you would like it, precisely?

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
Have you tried removing any table or cell padding form it to get rid of that. When inspecting it, I see cellpadding="4" in it, so somewhere you had padding set that is giving you that space.

signature

user posted image
YouTube | Email: crystal@jcink.com | Blog: Seriously Lacqueing
DeviantArt
#
    If I remember correctly, the cellspacing="4" can't be accessed because it's in the templates, not something we have access to.

Try putting this in the TABLE, TR, TD:

CODE
    border-collapse: collapse;

and then change .tableborder to this:

CODE
    .tableborder {
    background-color: transparent;
    padding: 10px;
    }

Let me know if that clears things up for you. Just increase the padding as you need.
PM
#
@owl - i tried that along with multiplicity's suggestion and it worked great. thank you!

@crystal - multiplicity is correct, to my knowledge at the very least - we have no access to altering cellspacing or cellpadding from the wrappers because it's not an available option to edit.

@multiplicity - i tried exactly what you suggested and it seems to be working great. thanks so much for the timely response!
PM
#
This topic has been solved. If you need anymore help please post a new thread. Thanks for choosing Jcink services.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll