Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

ads.txt issue
#
So for a while, I had Google Adsense ads on my forum with no issues. Now seemingly from nowhere, the ads stopped working, and the error message I am getting is attached to a screenshot. I have my domain name, but it is picking up the jcink ads.txt instead of my own, and I can't ad my own. I can upload this tho.

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/projectcres...avatars/ads.txt

Is there a way to fix this so that I can re-enable ads on my forum, or maybe redirect the bot to look at this as opposed to the jcink ads.txt?

Is it possible I have implemented my ads incorrectly at some point? They work on my other sites that are not jcink and the codes are all the same. I just don't know why they are not displaying at all.

I have already contacted google support as I am writing this just looking for other help/possible solutions.

http://estorica.org

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image
PM
#
    Small question, but do you have Jcink Premium?
PM
#
When did this start? Adsense has been pestering us about the same issue since January. A couple of days ago, I uploaded an ads.txt, I'm wondering if that is what caused this.

There is no way for you to upload an /ads.txt at the root folder where all of the core board files reside, and route to the same file set -- I have to try to think of some way around this. As usual Google Adsense does something without thinking about how it will impact everyone on the platform.

In your adsense, could you try the following from the "my sites" section? if you disable the site authorization checks, then it will allow you ad code to run without any authorization. we have had ours disabled for years. After changing this setting, it will take 48+ hours for it to take effect

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Thanks for the pro-tip John, really saved us there we had already gone a day with no ads. Will provide an update if Google ever gets around to saying anything. Will also provide an update if my ads don't come back in 48 hours.

Also, this started yesterday.
QUOTE (multiplicity! @ Mar 12 2018, 11:14 AM)
    Small question, but do you have Jcink Premium?

Yes, Yes I do.

This post has been edited by Bezyle: Mar 12 2018, 01:47 PM
PM
#
Google is very non communicative and is likely just going to tell you to upload the ads.txt or contact us about it.

What we can try is deleting the ads.txt from our server and see if it comes back, should the authorized sites thing not work out.

signature
#
So, you were correct, google told me to simply ad the ID this verified that this is the reason why my ads stopped appearing on one site but not the other. The other site is Weebly and I use it as a splash page for my forum.

Is there any solution or should I just switch to other advertisers and hope for the best?
PM
#
We'll try removing our ads.txt from the domain root and see what happens.

I don't have another solution at the moment so I'm hoping that will work.

signature
#
That fixed it John.

I guess I will casually throw in a method for pub IDs for users in the suggestion box.

This post has been edited by Bezyle: Mar 15 2018, 10:34 AM
PM
#
What we'll end up doing is this -- we'll try to make a dynamic ads.txt file based on user input in the Admin CP. I'm glad to see that deleting ours at the root for all domain names worked for now. I'll ensure that we aren't seeing any adverse effects on our end, I suspect google will end up forcing this in the future.

signature
#
All sounds gravy to me, glad I could help be proactive with my reactive issue. Not sure if I actually was or not, but for the time being my problems are fixed and if you need a test dummy for future fixes/project implementations, let me know, I would be happy to help.
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll