Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

collapse button & post row html issues
#
Link: https://luciferskins.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Two quick things that I can't seem to solve. Thanks in advance.

1) I've removed the expand and collapse macros from my skin, but they still seem to show up. I can click them despite the fact that they shouldn't be there. I searched the forum but didn't find a lead.

2) This is my first time messing with the post row html template and I've ran into an issue. My edit button doesn't work, the delete button doesn't show up, and my post1/post2 CSS aren't showing. I'm not too sure on what has went wrong, but if anyone could explain it to me, I'd be grateful. These issues go away when I remove the html template so I know that's the source.

signature
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. - Revelation 13:1-18

blood red. snow white.
PM
#
1. Find this in your template and remove it: (I believe it's category headers, but you might have to look around)

CODE
<span style="float:right;"><a href="#" onclick="catcollapse(&quot;1&quot;);return false;" id="main_1"></a>&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>

&nbsp;&nbsp; and the area around that might have a variable, so it's probably close but not exact.

2. Can you post the template you're using now?

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
QUOTE (owl @ Mar 3 2018, 07:42 PM)
1. Find this in your template and remove it: (I believe it's category headers, but you might have to look around)

CODE
<span style="float:right;"><a href="#" onclick="catcollapse(&quot;1&quot;);return false;" id="main_1"></a>&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>

&nbsp;&nbsp; and the area around that might have a variable, so it's probably close but not exact.

2. Can you post the template you're using now?

I actually do not see that code in any of my html templates. I saw it when I inspected my code, but it's not in any of the html templates or in my board wrappers.

2) Here is the html template I'm using for the post row:
CODE
<table><tr><div class="posttop"><!-- |name| --> <div style="position:absolute;margin-top:-20px;right:20px;"><div style="border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100%;-moz-border-radius:100%;-webkit-border-radius:100%;-o-border-radius:100%;padding:3px;width:60px;height:60px;"><div style="background-image:url('http://placehold.it/60x60');height:60px;width:60px;border-radius:100%;"></div></div></div></div></tr>

<tr><div class="postunder"><div class="postundertxt"> <!-- |post_date| -->   <!-- |edit_button| -->   <!-- |quote_button| -->  <!-- |delete_button| -->
</div></div></tr>

<tr>
<td><!-- |mini_profile| --> </td>

<td>  <!-- |post| -->   </td></tr></table>

signature
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. - Revelation 13:1-18

blood red. snow white.
PM
#
I'm going to try and focus on #1 for awhile to see if we can't get it taken care of first. I'm sorry to have to be so redundant in my requests, but can you post the HTML template you have for your category headers? Hopefully we can knock both of these out.

In the meantime, if I were you I'd double-check the macros (specifically the edit and delete ones) just to make sure there's not some small error throwing things off and causing issue #2.

Edit: Is the variable "<!-- |post_css| -->" in your post template at all?

This post has been edited by owl: Mar 3 2018, 11:14 PM

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
I remove the collapse macro things just because I don't think that they're necessary, and to do that, just add this to your code (nothing else will be affected by this, it only removes that bit that you don't want):

CODE
.maintitle span a { display: none; }

Secondly, this code (exactly) needs to be in your post for the edit button to work in place of just the post variable that you have:

CODE
<div id="pid_<!-- |pid| -->"><!-- THE POST <!-- |pid| --> --><div class='postcolor'><!-- |post| --></div><!-- |signature| --><!-- THE POST --></div>

I also just noticed that you don't have the code that'll enable permalinks/direct posts, so be sure to include that as well if you want it (or you can't link to posts and it'll only take you to the thread):

CODE
<a name='entry<!-- |pid| -->'></a>

This post has been edited by PANSY PARKINSON: Mar 9 2018, 01:38 PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll