Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Can variables draw from parent account?, (instead of author account)
#
Hello,

I'm setting up this forum and will be using player/alias accounts as parent accounts with character accounts as sub-accounts. I would like to add some player info above each post, and I'd love to be able to link to a different account (or have the variable draw from their parent account, if it's easier/simpler) when it comes to their online status. That way as long as they're logged in with their parent account, all their accounts will show an online status. This would also be useful when showing their last activity, since sub-account info can be misleading if players use their parent account for most things.

Is something like this possible, either with existing features or through a script?
PM
#
I believe currently all you can pull is the ID number in the miniprofile and (I think) the main profile.

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
QUOTE (owl @ Mar 10 2018, 07:45 PM)
I believe currently all you can pull is the ID number in the miniprofile and (I think) the main profile.

Yes, that's correct. There's no way to sense if their parent is online.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll