Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Advice/How To. (Discussion wanted!)
#
I'm wondering what advice/How To Create A Successful site DO YOU have? Or know someone with a successful site??

I have seen sites that last for a few years. I've seen sites fall on its butt a few months in. I want your tips and tricks to have a successful site.

Thanks for all the advice/how-tos!

This post has been edited by RIDDLE ME RI ? !: Jul 19 2018, 10:03 PM

signature
user posted image
[ home ] . [ requests ] . [ about ] . [ advertisements ]
PM
#
Just ask around, I can help you out

signature
#
I was just wondering what people advise on successful sites happens to be.
Because I really want to last, but in the past, I haven't had much luck.

This post has been edited by RIDDLE ME RI ? !: Jul 19 2018, 09:50 PM

signature
user posted image
[ home ] . [ requests ] . [ about ] . [ advertisements ]
PM
#
Consider reading the book Managing Online Forums, by Patrick O'KEEFE.

signature
user posted image
#
I think the best advice is to continue enjoying it and don't give up just because activity has failed. Get a good team together who also cares about the site, and just try to be an honest, friendly, welcoming admin. Consider suggestions, but at the end of the day make sure that changes or ideas you implement are things you like as well. Your site will go to hell if you start resenting or hating it. But also be prepared that there will be people who don't like that approach; but the ones who do will come and stay. Continue making improvements. Your site is never "done" or perfect, so you. have to learn to be happy with it but keep an eye on resource sites for new trends and ideas. You want to make sure you're aware of trends, but don't just follow them. Take bits you like and make them your own so you have something original, but that still feels familiar to people.

But again, the main thing is to love your site yourself. Other people who want the same things out of it will find you. It might take time, but it'll happen.
PM
#
I agree with Franticlullaby - you have to love your site. Be it's biggest fan and cheerleader. Your excitement will be contagious and draw in those that want to feel that same excitement.

It's also important to stick with it. Sites that last often take time to flourish. Don't give up after a couple weeks or even a couple of months. In my experience, you will start to see your greatest membership increase after the second or third month, given you are advertising and getting your site name out there. Affiliate and advertise where and when ever possible.

I also like to keep an open line of communication with my members about what they like, don't like, or think could be done better. While not every suggestion might be the right direction, they may have some great ideas that will surprise you!

And, finally, have fun! If you're having a good time, those that are on your forum will sense that and join in.

Best of luck to you and your site!
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feedback and Discussion | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll