Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Show all threads participated in, by a certain member
#
I have seen some forums that have a "participated in" feature, but I can not find one on jcink. I would like to be able to search and see a list of all of the thread titles that a member has posted in at least once. "Find all posts by this member" returns only posts.

Thanks!
PM
#
"Find all posts by this member" does essentially give you every topic they have participated in ever for all time. It's just not in topic view format. Is that all you would want then? This would show all topics they have created as well as topics they've posted in. I could make that an option.

Currently you can accomplish this regardless by going to the search engine and typing in their member name with no search keywords.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Thanks for the search engine tip! I will definitely be using that.

Yes--topic view for "Find all participated topics by this member" would be extremely helpful as a link next to "Find all Posts by this Member" if it is not difficult to make. I know it will be very useful for people who forget which threads they need to reply to because the post view requires people to scroll down through all their recent posts making them miss some threads.

What would also be cool is if that button could also be available right next to the account switcher so that the current logged in account logged in can see "Find all my participated threads". That would remove some of the need for a self-made thread tracker. Although...I could make it myself if there is a way for me to get the current user's log in name and insert it into the URL string?

Thank you!

This post has been edited by Andy808: Nov 10 2013, 08:35 PM
PM
#
QUOTE (Andy808 @ Nov 10 2013, 05:28 PM)
Thanks for the search engine tip! I will definitely be using that.

Yes--topic view for "Find all participated topics by this member" would be extremely helpful as a link next to "Find all Posts by this Member" if it is not difficult to make. I know it will be very useful for people who forget which threads they need to reply to because the post view requires people to scroll down through all their recent posts making them miss some threads.

What would also be cool is if that button could also be available right next to the account switcher so that the current logged in account logged in can see "Find all my participated threads". That would remove some of the need for a self-made thread tracker. Although...I could make it myself if there is a way for me to get the current user's log in name and insert it into the URL string?

Thank you!

I agree! That'd come in handy!
PM
#
Hello,

I saw this and remembered always wanting this myself so I poked around. While some of the features requested don't seem to exist as an official option yet, for those that customize boards anyway here's some information that'll help manually create those links / search results:

For a self-search option you could create a link for: boardname.jcink.net/index.php?s=&act=Search&f=forum-id-numbers-separated-by-commas&u=<!-- |name| -->&rt=topics

If you don't want to figure out which forum ids you need by hand there's an easy solution: use the search engine, highlight all the forums and/or categories you want, enter a username (any, doesn't matter), and make sure everything else looks good then click Search. When the results appear at the bottom should be a 'save this search' URL that has everything in it! Replace the username you specified in that URL with <!-- |name| --> and there you have it... put that in your code whenever you want and users can click to see a list of all the threads they've been in.

Limiting the results to certain forums can be especially useful for the RP groups out there (for example) requiring Thread Trackers... because those never fall behind, right? Of course not wink.gif
PM
#
I was wondering if any more had been done with this? On phpbb, there is a "view my posts" option and when it is clicked on, it's displayed much like viewing active topics, only it's just the topics a particular member has participated in and it has all threads a member has posted in since joining. It is pretty handy for checking where all you owe posts. It's a convenience jcink might want to think of adding.
PM
#
No, this has not been accomplished or looked into it yet, sorry. Though it will be. In the meantime you can still run the search by name.

signature
#
Just curious if anything ever came of this.

On most phpBB boards, there's a 'view my posts' option that pulls up a list by topic of every thread you have tagged (whether you started it or not) and, more importantly, it shows who the last poster to that thread was, and whether you've read the updated thread or not. It's great for RPers because you can check at a glance what scenes it's your turn on/people have replied to, what you need to catch up on reading, etc.

I know alerts does something similar, but they're all mixed in with all the other kinds of alerts one can get, so it's harder to use.

This post has been edited by thenoisyflower: May 8 2018, 12:06 PM
PM
#
This is not currently under development yet, sorry.

signature
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feature Requests | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll