ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Cyber Bullying
#
I know this isn't the right place for this but I don't what to do.

I'm being bullied in the cbox on my charmed and it's not fair. I don't deserve to be bullied on, especially not for things I didn't do.

The people bullying me are chasing potential members away and lying to them about me and telling them not to join my site.

I'm tired of being bullied on my site. How do I keep these hateful trolls out of my cbox and off my site?
PM
#
If they are members on yours, then ban them, close you cbox off, not much else you can do.

signature
The Friendly Bunch Forums

A Great General Community Based Forum For Everyone.
PM
#
QUOTE (carebear @ Jun 4 2018, 01:51 AM)
I know this isn't the right place for this but I don't what to do.

I'm being bullied in the cbox on my charmed and it's not fair. I don't deserve to be bullied on, especially not for things I didn't do.

The people bullying me are chasing potential members away and lying to them about me and telling them not to join my site.

I'm tired of being bullied on my site. How do I keep these hateful trolls out of my cbox and off my site?

As Mozzie said above me, if they are members then ban them. If they are returning with new accounts then IP ban them. You can also wildcard IP ban members as well.

If they are just guests posting in the shoutbox, you can disable guest posting by going into Administration CP -> Shoutbox -> Settings

There are two options

Guests able to view shoutbox Yes or No
Guests able to post in shoutbox Yes or No

Select both to no and submit changes

This post has been edited by Khaos: Jun 4 2018, 08:40 AM
PM
#
This is age-old problem with the internet, since it is truly impossible to ban an individual from a the network permanently via technical means only. There's essentially nothing you can do about someone who is persistent except to take a proactive approach rather than reactive.

You can do some of the following

1. Remove the cbox (extreme)
2. Make the cbox viewable members only (better)
3. Enable accounts on cbox, and admin validation of new accounts and heavily scrutinize each new account. (I think cbox has accounts?)

cboxes (not our built in shoutbox, which by default requires member accounts) are very easy targets to leave drive-by messages since literally anyone can write a message in them.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
If I recall correctly, I do remember Cbox having a premium membership you can pay for which will upgrade your Cbox so it will require membership in order to use it and allow you to set people as moderators of it so you can give staff of your board mod powers over it which will likely drive away the people attacking you. I don't think it was all that expensive when I had it many years ago but things might have changed but it is something to look into.
#
You could also post an official announcement on your board warning your members and your future members of the bullies presence. Posting some screen shots of you being bullied might also be useful.

Additionally, you can send out a mass PM to your members (except for the bullies), noticing them of the bullies and telling them to ignore their messages, along with more proof that you're their victim too.

Other than that, there's nothing else you can do except - like others have said - either limit posting permissions on the cbox or remove the feature completely from your board. Additionally, you could just replace the cbox with Jcink's shout box mod since that would provide you with better control and easier maintaining of the discussions in the shoutbox/cbox (plus you'd have control of everything via the Admin CP). I mean why pay additionally for a premium package for a feature when you already have it available in the forum software you are using?

This post has been edited by mnikolic: Jun 15 2018, 02:14 AM
#
Carebear - I don't have anything to add, but I know how you're feeling. I have BEEN there with poorly chosen 'co-admins' on my board. It's a horrible, horrible feeling to have them lying about you in an open space. ><

I hope this is resolved quickly for you.
#
Thank you to everyone who responded to me.

I'm still being cyber bullied. I'm losing potential guests because my tormentors lie to them to get them to not join. All my stuff on my site is legally copyrighted (meaning I created all my site info from various charmed related sources).

I am sick & tired of being bullied by these immature jokers. I'm tired of them causing me to get sick (I suffer from severe anxiety attacks).

I have enough problems at home with my mom being sick. I can't afford to get sick. Please help!

This post has been edited by carebear: Jun 30 2018, 01:12 AM
PM
#
I would contact local authorities and seek medical help. We cannot advise any further regarding this.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feedback and Discussion | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll