Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Shoutbox overextending on some mobile phones [SOLVED]
#
I have been helping a friend with a skin and a user has reported a very odd error. Basically the Dshoutbox is displaying what I assume is its maximum height no matter what on their mobile and I don't understand why.

I personally cannot view this error because it's happening on an iPhone and I have an Android but they provided screenshots:

One
Two
Three

It's happening across all skins for them and since I can't actively replicate the error I don't know how to fix it. It's not happening on Android devices to my knowledge.

Link to the board is here.

This post has been edited by Chlocelot: Feb 28 2018, 03:48 PM
PM
#
If the shoutbox is inside of an iframe, then that's likely what's causing the problem - I'm experiencing this same issue with a user on the iPad. What I'm planning on doing is hiding the shotbox embed for moblie users and just linking to the shoutbox page - maybe someone else will have some insight now that it's been narrowed down.

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
I have decided to hide the shoutbox on mobile until further notice but if anyone has an idea as to how to fix this it would be appreciated. I've been looking and it seems to be a problem generally between iOS and iframes, not just here on JCINK.
PM
#
If you happen to find a solution, please do pass it on - sorry I couldn't be more help. If you want to link directly to your Shoutbox for mobile, you can try:

/index.php?act=Shoutbox

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
Mobile Safari on iOS does refuse to obey iframe widths and heights. This is also why the shoutbox designed for mobile mode doesn't use iframes. Unfortunately the best option for now is to hide the shoutbox for those on iOS devices.

To do this you can use the following:

CODE
@supports (-webkit-overflow-scrolling: touch) {
 /* CSS specific to iOS devices */
}

Sorry that I do not have a better solution at this time.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Thank you, John!

I've told the iOS users that it's just not going to work for them and they seem fine without it.

This can be closed.
PM
#
This topic has been solved. If you need anymore help please post a new thread. Thanks for choosing Jcink services.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll