Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

random css deleting [SOLVED]
#
okay, so i've had my board for about a week and everything was going good. i decided to add something to the css at the very bottom and everything seemed cool. i never deleted anything when adding to the css and after i saved it, i closed the admin cp and went back to rp. when i realize, about a third of my css is gone because all of my templates no longer have any kind of styling, and parts of my board coding are just gone. it's not like it just deleted what i had at the bottom of my css, but random parts of my css were deleted from different parts of my css, like the things i did when i started coding the skin and the last things i added and they were just all gone and i don't understand what happened? nobody but me was in the admin cp at the time.

link here

for the time being, i added new templates and i'm working on re-adding the missing css but i would like to know what the hell happened to all of the coding that went missing and why it happened.
#
    This has happened to me before.

Basically, when I went to save the CSS one time, I missed a closing ; or a closing } . What ended up happening is the CSS sheet forgot to save those pieces, and then just deleted them.

Another time, my net was being really slow, or my browser wasn't connecting properly to the net, and when I went to save, it's like it only half-saved (which was my internet connection, nothing with JCink).

This is why I make it a habit to grab a copy of the CSS and put it into a word document, Google Drive, or Sublime (which is my absolute favorite right now), and then make sure it worked perfectly in saving the CSS before continuing. If something happened, I just copy/paste the CSS back into the CSS editor and ensure it saved the second go-round.
PM
#
    But I know I had closing brackets because I just copied an entire post with the code and just pasted it? And my laptop is currently connected to my Ethernet so it wasn't really a connection issue either, I don't think which is why I'm still really confused? Baha. Because like I had a class with different sub classes (slytherin, ravenclaw, gryffindor, hufflepuff) and it just deleted ravenclaw and gryffindor and I was like ????????????

Idk. I'll just have to make sure I save everything in a different document every time I update my CSS because this was really ****ty.
#
And my laptop is currently connected to my Ethernet so it wasn't really a connection issue either

Hard wired to the ethernet jack or not doesn't particularly matter. If there is an issue with transmission between your ISP and our service in rare cases, part of the contents of anything you're editing could be dropped. It's rather rare though.

I may have been able to recover your CSS however, here is a cached copy of it from 2 days ago. Let me know if this helps.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Thanks! That's exactly what I needed!
#
No problem. I removed your CSS from my post since you got it.

I do recommend always keeping a current copy or semi-current copy as a back up on hand for cases like this.

Do you need any further help?

signature
#
Nope I'm good!
#
This topic has been solved. If you need anymore help please post a new thread. Thanks for choosing Jcink services.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll