Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Deleted and Banned Account Returns? [SOLVED]
#
Last night I had an issue with a member and ended up having to ban the account. This next part was probably my mistake: after I banned the account and IP, I went and deleted the account.

Now, the IP for the banned account is still banned but the account has mysteriously returned, this time under a different name. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but what I think happened was that the deleted account, let's call "Abe" was deleted and the new account, let's call "Bart" has taken over Abe's member ID. The IP addresses for Abe and Bart are completely different and I don't believe them to be the same person due to the reasons why Abe was banned.

The problem is that my PM's with Abe is now showing that I'm having a conversation with Bart (the new account). So what I'm wondering is if Bart can now see those conversations? Which would be a huge problem, since the contents of those PM's were the reasons why Abe was banned.

Please let me know if this all makes sense or if you need any more information from me. I'm pretty confused by it all as well.
PM
#
It sounds like the member ID simply did not get de-binded from the PMs for some reason when the account was deleted. This is a pretty rare occurrence but I have heard of it happening before. You should have nothing to worry about. If it is necessary I will wipe all PMs from that user's ID myself.

Not sure if bart can see them, perhaps to be safe they would be best deleted.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Yes please, I already saved a copy of the conversation in case it comes up again and would feel safer if it was deleted from their account. The ID is 236 and the link to the actual member's account is - here

This post has been edited by croixbones: Mar 9 2016, 10:36 PM
PM
#
Messages have been cleared.

signature
#
Thank you very much!
PM
#
This topic has been solved. If you need anymore help please post a new thread. Thanks for choosing Jcink services.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll