Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

HTML Templates & Skinning Help
#
Hey, guys! I've been trying to skin something new and it's the first time I've used the HTML templates. Right now I'm working on the actual posts and I'm running into some issues. First, I can't seem to actually stylize the posts themselves, I'd like to change the background color and add some padding, where does that go?

Second, I'd like to add some variables both above and below the posts, something in line with this but I can't just add <!-- |field_#| -->, can I?

This is what I have kind of mocked up so far. I'd like to be able to let users put their own two gifs in and then down at the bottom I want their alias. I'd also love for the blue there to change color based on the member group color which I've been able to do with mini profiles and CFS in the past but have no idea how to do in this particular instance.

This post has been edited by DesiTack: Nov 11 2016, 01:30 PM
PM
#
figured out the styling, it's .postcolor and I wasn't sure why that would be any different. *facepalms* Still working on adding my own fields.
PM
#
QUOTE (DesiTack @ Nov 11 2016, 02:27 PM)
Second, I'd like to add some variables both above and below the posts, something in line with this but I can't just add  <!-- |field_#| -->, can I?

Fields can be added to the mini profiles, but not to the post templates. You could try to work those into there but I agree it's going to be a little tricky. Looking at the template example you linked, that seems to be what they did.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll