Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Rep missing [ + | - ]?
#
We switched skins and our rep is now missing the [ + | - ] to change it in the thread. Any way to fix it?
PM
#
<!-- |rep| --> variable in mp template?

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
It is. Looks like this.

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image
PM
#
Hmm. What about <!-- |rep_options| -->

also -- is this the html templates or 'profile templates'

signature
#
It's in HTML templates.

code for rep is under everything else, coded:

<center>
<!-- |rep| -->
<!-- |rep_options| --> </center>

Edit: if I put it in profile templates the [+/-] comes back but it messes up the rest of the code.

This post has been edited by DesiTack: Jan 3 2017, 11:49 AM
PM
#
Some bad news. I investigated this and <!-- |rep_options| --> wasn't working with HTML Templates in the MP area.

Upon trying to "fix it" I realized that because of the way HTML Templates were structured, <!-- |rep_options| --> isn't easily added as a mini profile template variable anymore. This is because of its dynamic nature -- each rep option is dynamic and per-post based.

But of course there is an option to rep directly from a member's profile -- that'll work.

<!-- |rep_options| --> is a post template variable (which is where it works out fine) while I figure this out -- does this work for you at the moment? A second variable is going to have to be added to address this.

signature
#
Thanks for looking into this John!

I can absolutely put it in the post template! We like to rep from the post that inspired us to, so that's definitely a better option than having to open the rep page/profile and doing it from there.

If you do get to adding that variable, let me know! I know your plate is full, though, so no rush or worries if it's not a priority any time soon. <3

This post has been edited by DesiTack: Jan 3 2017, 12:39 PM
PM
#
Thanks for your patience and understanding. I have updated the wiki to reflect this information as well. rep options is now listed under post row templates where it technically belongs.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll