Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

How to add friends / comments / posts to the profile
#
I was wondering, is it possible to add posts / friends / comments to the custom profile template? I read this in regard to adding comments but there is no information on how to add the link that actually allows members to add the comments being loaded, so I'm at a loss.

It could be my lack of JSON knowledge, but with a working template to start from I bet I could get something together.

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
It is only possible to add comments.

Friends and posts are not possible at this time.

Also that page is incomplete unfortunately. I will try to add to it.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Thanks for getting back to me, I'll keep that in mind when designing profiles. I know ETAs are strictly a no-no, but are friends / posts something that's coming in the near future, or are they on the back-burner right now? (Just trying to figure out if I should design place-holder areas, or cross that bridge when I come to it.)

In regard to adding the links to the comments, is that doable at the current time (and just not yet documented) or something else to watch out for?

signature

user posted image
#
"back burner" at the moment. those sections were always very under utilized but at the same time were the most complex to implement, as you can see the json example is quite a lot to take in, so we didn't add them all yet. there's also no way to add the different tabbed sections to view all available comments, only what is shown in the "Latest Comments" section as the wiki example shows.

The actual input box to submit a comment should be easy to add, I will try to update the wiki with that.

signature
#
Makes sense, thanks for getting back to me!

In the meantime, for posts I was considering trying to do something like using an iframe that would display the relevant version of this:

CODE
https://forum.jcink.com/index.php?act=Search&nav=au&CODE=show&searchid=edf14b83d303e2c864c2bc7a7471b630&search_in=posts&result_type=posts

With something like &skinid=x at the end, to force a specific skin that would be styled specifically for this use.

But! I couldn't quite figure out how to link to something like that in the profile with the variables available, so back to the drawing table! I mean, with posts we can link to them easily at least so no biggie.

signature

user posted image
#
I would personally recommend trying to iframe and/or parse the content. It's a huge a hassle.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll