Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Board Error
#
Hello! I can't seem to connect to my board due to a Board Error. Some of my members can still access the board, and a few others can't. I wish I could be more help but I literally have no idea what it could be aside from maybe a config error of some sort based on previous threads?

This is the site in question: http://hexedrp.jcink.net/index.php

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: It seems we can't access the index but we can access individual threads and the threads list for some reason if this helps.

This post has been edited by HexedStaff: May 23 2018, 11:22 PM
PM
#
Same thing happened to me a few days ago. John said my config file became corrupt on the board but he was able to restore it seemingly fast. I want to piggyback on this thread instead of making a separate one, however, because I don't think my PMs are being sent as they aren't showing in my Sent folder afterwards. After the restoration of my board, I am no longer able to log into my Root admin account. It tells me my password is wrong even after I've changed it via email twice. I'm wondering if that is a result of these issues somehow and warn you of the same possible result.

This post has been edited by AntX2: May 23 2018, 11:56 PM

signature
user posted image
PM
#
    I can access the forum index via mobile view, but not full desktop view. Try installing a default Jcink skin and switch to it, then see if the error is still there. If not, it has to do with your skin.
PM
#
Hi, thanks for checking!

Tried switching skins and the index still doesn't work sadly.
PM
#
HexedStaff this should be fixed now, sorry about that. There were a couple of errors in your database tables. These occurred as a result of the service interruption from yesterday but you should be good to go now.

AntX2 I did receive your pm, but due to the issues yesterday I didn't have a chance to respond yet. "Board Error" can result from a variety of issues; in this case the OP didn't have the same issue you did. I sent a follow up and will get to it today.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
John My board's issue has been resolved. One of our member's lost an account (it was deleted for some reason) but thankfully it's a newer one, so it was easily fixed. Thanks so much! Really appreciate what you do.
PM
#
Yeah -- that was due to the repair process from the crash/service interruption yesterday http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif sorry about that.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll