Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Can I change the header at the top?
#
At the top of my forum (currently testcb1300.jcinc.net), it says 'JCINC.COM' in big letters.

Can I change that to something else? If so, how do I do that?

thanks

Alan
PM
#
That's under general configuration > Board Title

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
John,

There is no 'Board Title' in the general configeration. There is a 'Board Name' which I have changed to my board name, but that doesn't change the large JCINC.COM title at the top left of the forum.

On icyboards, that was an image you changed.

Any help appreciated.

thanks

Alan
PM
#
Actually your problem is this... I didn't realize this until I re-read your post. You have the wrong URL.

Your board url is not testcb1300.jcinc.net... it is https://testcb1300.jcink.net

testcb1300.jcinc.net is not our service.

signature
#
OK - sorry, I got it wrong.Yes, it's all jcink.com/net.

I am even more confused now. When I log out as a user, the board says "Test CB1300 Forum" - when I log in as admin, it says JCINK.COM.

WHat have I done?

Alan
PM
#
We own both domains....

Jcink.net is the jcink "net (.net) work" domain for all hosted forum subdomains within our network.

Jcink.com is our primary business domain, there are no hosted forums off this subdomain for technical reasons. Regardless it's still our company, and the Admin panel has our branding.

You have not done anything wrong. Just make sure not to use "jcinc," since that's not us.

signature
#
OK. Got that.

Now, why can I see my forum name when I am not logged in, but I see “JCINK.COM” when I am logged in?

Regards

Alan
PM
#
Please take a screenshot of what you are seeing and upload it here.

That will help to understand what is going on.

signature
#
I'm glad you said that. It made me think.

It's the theme I have chosen. The Invision Power board themes won't change it.

OK - close this one off - I will investigate this. And apologies for wasting your time.

regards

Alan
PM
#
alan sh please don't feel embarassed. It is OK. We are here to help. I requested a screenshot because I just wanted to know what you were seeing. I'm glad though that my asking helped to resolve it. Yes, not all of the skins will adapt to the board title. The older invision power board theme doesn't; it's just a static image. We moved away from the default IPB theme since, well, we redesigned it. The Jcink Forum Hosting Default ones, all colors, will work with the Board Title in the header, just not the invision one. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll