Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Shipper App Not Displaying in Format
#
Alright so I have abandoned my quest to build my own skin right now. I just can't seem to figure out for the life of me. However that means I am having to work with other premade skins which is fine and I have no problems with it. The problem I am having though is the skin I currently have up on the test site isn't working with the Shipper app we have in place. The CSS has been moved over. I tried putting the skin up on the actual site to see if it was a setting issue and still have the same problem. From what I can guess, the CSS isn't talking to the actual HTML but I don't know why. From what I can tell the DIV's are unique and I don't think are competing with anything. But I am not sure. The skin originally had a code for an app in it however the designer doesn't have that code available so I removed it from the CSS. (Even with that code in the CSS the app I want didn't work.)

I am at a loss on how to fix this. Your help as always is appreciated!

I have checked the usergroups. They are all able to use dohtml and the board is set to accept it as well. We actually use this app already just on a different skin and it works perfectly. Hence my dilemma http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Link
PM
#
If you add the CSS for your app to the top of the CSS, does it work? If so, there might be an error in your stylesheet.

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
That did work, thanks owl. Interesting. Any ideas on what I need to look for (or how to go about it) in order to fix the stylesheet so that this doesn't happen with something else along the way?

I've noticed that the style in which the coder formatted their credit at the bottom of the page seems to not be working either. It worked yesterday but when I went in to make some adjustments to font sizes (that one remained untouched), I've noticed it isn't working. Earlier it was the formatting of the affiliates table that wasn't working. Now it is and I don't know why.
PM
#
It's hard to say - if I were you I would google a 'CSS validator' and pick through the results to see if it helps clear anything up.

I would particularly look at any code / around any code you changed recently to see if there are any obvious errors - a misplace semi-colon or closing brackets is a super easy mistake to make for anyone, but can lead to all kinds of trouble. You also have comments in your CSS, and just one of those having a typo in it can make a huge chunk of code under it get treated like further comments and ignored.

This post has been edited by owl: Jun 19 2018, 05:40 PM

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll