Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Toggles Not Working & Scrollbar Hijacking
#
So there have been a few issues with the skin that I am using. I'm going to list them and hopefully someone far better at this whole coding thing can help :S

1) The Toggles aren't toggling.
-The three bars at the top of the page next to the name are supposed to toggle the sidebar. At one point it worked. Now it doesn't seem to.

2) It may be related to the Toggle thing, I don't know, but the highlight and copy code isn't highlighting automatically like it should.

3) The scrollbar code is hijacking any post template with a scrollbar. Some post templates it isn't a big deal, others it is.

4) I don't know how to make the search button at the top of the screen work.

5) The default image for the mini profile isn't working. Do I have to use the Avatar field in order to make this work? I'd rather have a custom field for the players avatar.

I have been told there is likely some issues in the coding and to validate the code. I tried to go through and do this but any issues I saw that I knew what it was didn't do anything. Some of these issues I think have caused certain elements to not show or not work. There is a font awesome icon next to the chatbox that is an up arrow. Sometimes it shows, other times it doesn't. Down at the bottom of the board is the Affiliates area. The whole first row is coded to have a border around it and that isn't working. There is also a topsites voting button that should be appearing on a third row by itself. Again sometimes it shows, sometimes it doesn't.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Board Link

This post has been edited by nyxnstyx: Jun 24 2018, 10:14 PM
PM
#
3. In regard to your scrollbar, what I'm finding which might be the issue is:

::-webkit-scrollbar {

width: 10px; background-color: #fcfcfc;
}

::-webkit-scrollbar-track {

background-color: #e4e4e4; border: 1px solid #fcfcfc;
}

::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb {

background-color: #292929; border: 1px solid #fcfcfc;

}

Which means any scrollbars that are not otherwise specified will use those styles. As such, you have two options. 1. Encourage the 'hijacked' templates to edit their code with customized scrollbars that will over-ride the styling you have (but be careful to specify this so it doesn't over-ride the site's scrollbar in the process) or replace the above code with the following, which will make your default scrollbar style specifically only work for the body of the page, as such:

body::-webkit-scrollbar {

width: 10px; background-color: #fcfcfc;
}

body::-webkit-scrollbar-track {

background-color: #e4e4e4; border: 1px solid #fcfcfc;
}

body::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb {

background-color: #292929; border: 1px solid #fcfcfc;

}

4. In your HTML (board wrappers) locate the following:

<a href="/index.php?act=Search&amp;CODE=01">

Replace it with this:

<a href="/index.php?act=Search">

And hopefully that will do it for you.

This post has been edited by owl: Jun 24 2018, 08:39 PM

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
Thanks owl issue #3 and 4 have been resolved. If anyone can help with the others it would be appreciated http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif
PM
#
Was #5 popped on later? I didn't see it at first, for some reason. At any rate, can you like the default image you want for your mini-profile. Should be able to resolve that, too.

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
1.) I'm not sure what toggles you're referring to, can guests view them?

2.) I know the following script has caused that code to dysfunction before:

CODE
<script>
   (function($){
       $(document).ready(function(){
           $("[title]").style_my_tooltips();
       });
   })(jQuery);
</script>

5.) What default image are you referring to? The default avatar? Did you add a macro for it?

signature
user posted image
#
In regards to 2, it's not so much the initializing script for Style My Tooltips that's causing the issue, as it is that the Style My Tooltips library is failing to load and causes the browser to stop execution. Currently, this script:
CODE
<script src="https://backup.b1.jcink.com/uploads/backup/jquery_style_my_tooltips.js"></script>

Is returning the error: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
which can obviously be bypassed, but not automatically - so, the script doesn't load.

Rehost it, and the other resources hosted at backup.b1.jcink.com, somewhere else (your board storage would work), and your highlight code should work again.

This post has been edited by Dusty: Jun 25 2018, 03:06 AM
PM
#
I did add #5 later on, didn't know it wasn't working when I made the original list of questions haha. This is the image I'd like https://cdnw.nickpic.host/vzURuN.png it works when a member joins as their Main Profile image but not their Mini Profile image.

Edit: I think the Mini Profile image is fixed....I think!

The Toggles are viewable to guests. The main toggle is to minimize the sidebar. It is the 3 white dashes next to the name of the site in the top blue bar. The other toggle is the highlight code one. How do I go about saving and rehosting the scripts? I haven't ever done that before so some instructions on that would be helpful.

Thanks owl Cory Dusty for your help!

This post has been edited by nyxnstyx: Jun 25 2018, 08:41 AM
PM
#
Yes, I can see that image in the mini-profile now.

Here's how to host a script:
  1. Copy the script.
  2. Open up Notepad (assuming you're using Windows).
  3. Paste the script into the textarea.
  4. Remove the script tags.
  5. Save the file as filename.js and select 'All Files' from the 'Save as type:' drop down.
  6. Upload the script to your file manager.

You can insert an external script like this:

CODE
<script src="FILE_URL"></script>

signature
user posted image
#
Stupid question Cory but how to I actually copy the script? The only access I have to it (I believe) is the link in the site skin code which doesn't work. I know there are scripts in the wrapper but I don't know what any of them are for or if they are tied to what isn't working.

I can follow the steps you gave me once I know which scripts I am looking for/needing....and what to replace exactly. :/
PM
#
CODE
<script src="https://backup.b1.jcink.com/uploads/backup/jquery_style_my_tooltips.js"></script>

For that script specifically, if looks as if you just need to remove the 's' from 'https'.

Here's the script URL: http://backup.b1.jcink.com/uploads/backup/..._my_tooltips.js

signature
user posted image
#
Just so you know, you can save a script library like that by navigating to the URL it's hosted on (in this case, http://backup.b1.jcink.com/uploads/backup/..._my_tooltips.js ), right clicking the page, and clicking "Save Page As..". You'll get the .JS file, which you can then upload to your board's file manager (which you can read about here). Hosting the content on your own file manager is handy, since it allows you to link to using a relative link as opposed to the direct, which means you don't need to fuss about which protocol it's using.

For example, a relative link looks like:
CODE
../codes/scripts/Style-My-Tooltips.js
PM
#
Learn something new every day.

signature
user posted image
#
Thanks for the instructions on how to do that Cory and Dusty.

I saved and uploaded the script file and then updated the link to the one the forum storage provided. The toggles though still don't seem to work. :/
Not sure if it is related or not but the Last Click (the mouse icon) and Member Name (the dots icon) sort in the Board Stats isn't working. It acts like a link but doesn't actually go anywhere when clicked. It has worked up until moments ago....

Not sure if it is related or not but the Last Click (the mouse icon) and Member Name (the dots icon) sort in the Board Stats isn't working. It acts like a link but doesn't actually go anywhere when clicked. It has worked up until moments ago....

This post has been edited by nyxnstyx: Jun 25 2018, 01:27 PM
PM
#
You still have some errors:

The tooltip CSS file needs to be reuploaded as well.

CODE
<script type='text/javascript' src='https://yourjavascript.com/1336423188/jquery.cookie.min.js'></script>

I get a 'This site can’t be reached' error for that script.

CODE
<script>
s=document.getElementById('userlinks').rows[0].cells[1].getElementsByTagName('a')[1];
var new_messages = s.innerHTML.match(/^\d+/);
if(s.innerHTML.match(/^\d+/)!="0") document.getElementById('new_messages').innerHTML='<blink><span style="color: #800000; font-weight: bold; ">('+new_messages+')</span></blink>';
</script>

Change that to this:

CODE
<script>
if ($('#x-new-messages').length) {
s=document.getElementById('userlinks').rows[0].cells[1].getElementsByTagName('a')[1];
var new_messages = s.innerHTML.match(/^\d+/);
if(s.innerHTML.match(/^\d+/)!="0") document.getElementById('new_messages').innerHTML='<blink><span style="color: #800000; font-weight: bold; ">('+new_messages+')</span></blink>';
}
</script>

signature
user posted image
#
Thanks Cory Okay so the Toggles now work! (Yay!) I think I got all the scripts updated now....

But there is a new issue with some of the links. The last post in a forum and the Last Click and Member Name area in Board Stats aren't working. when you hover for a second it acts like a link. But when you click nothing happens. I highlighted the areas in the screen shot.
Edit - Forgot to hit save on the tooltips css, this has been fixed.

Any ideas on how to get the last affiliate button to show regularly and the borders around the first row of buttons?? That doesn't work consistently. The skin designers credit at the bottom has also lost its formatting along the way some where. Ideas on what to look for that is conflicting?

This post has been edited by nyxnstyx: Jun 25 2018, 02:17 PM

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll