Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Online Users background color [SOLVED]
#
1) I am wanting the Online Users list background to be the lighter gray like the Members List in screenshot #2 but cant find that code.
I am wanting then the Members List to be all that same lighter gray and not have only some of the boxes a darker gray.

2) I have included a screenshot of the Online Users list and the Members List as well as a link on my test site to the darker version of my CSS because this skin isn’t the default option on my actual site. Though the HOLD UP Dark option is available in the skin selector drop down menu.

Test Account with CSS Code viewable in a post

Actual Site HOLD UP DARK is a skin option in the selector
(I swear I will stop with questions one day soon!!)

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached 2 File(s)
PM
#
Guests can't change skins, so if you want to get help with a skin other than your default skin, we need the credentials to a guest account. If you do provide those credentials, the account itself should just be a regular member account, and by no means a staff account.

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
CODE
#member-list td.row2 {
background: none;
}

That should do it for the members list.

For the online list, I think you'll have to use JavaScript as that page does not contain a specific ID to select.

signature
user posted image
#
Cory I could't find that specific variable in my CSS when I did a search. I also don't know how to use Java to figure out what I need to do to make the background of the online list.

owl I have made it the default on my test site now along with the guest account Justin Test password test123

https://scratchmak.jcink.net/
PM
#
QUOTE (nyxnstyx @ Jul 3 2018, 07:39 AM)
Cory I could't find that specific variable in my CSS when I did a search. I also don't know how to use Java to figure out what I need to do to make the background of the online list.

You need to add it to your existing css. Just copy & paste in what Cory provided.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Thanks for the clarification John. I was able to get that to work.

Anyone, how do I go about doing something Java related to get the gray background for the online list? I've never done anything with Java so I'm completely out of my element there.

This post has been edited by nyxnstyx: Jul 3 2018, 09:19 AM
PM
#
Add this:

Admin CP → Skins & Templates → Board Wrappers → Edit: Below The <% COPYRIGHT %> Tag

CODE
<script>
if (location.href.indexOf('Online&CODE') !== -1) {
   $('div.maintitle:contains(Online Users)').parent('div.tableborder').find('td.row1').css('background', 'none');
}
</script>

signature
user posted image
#
Cory that worked! Thank you! Is there a way to do something similar for the Alerts and the Inbox as well? I just noticed that both of those areas have the same look as the Online Users.
PM
#
Can I see a screenshot of what areas you're referring to specifically?

signature
user posted image
#
Cory here is the screenshots. One is the Alerts page the other is the Inbox.

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached 2 File(s)
PM
#
Try adding something like this to the CSS:

.dlight {background: #e5e5e5}

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
I seemed to already have that code in the CSS, I found it and changed the color. Thanks owl!

This post has been edited by nyxnstyx: Jul 5 2018, 08:26 AM
PM
#
This topic has been solved. If you need anymore help please post a new thread. Thanks for choosing Jcink services.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll